Below are details of the current vacancies at The Poppy Factory:
- Experience in the commercial and residential property fields.
- Board-level experience either in the commercial sector or as a Trustee for an organisation of similar size and complexity as The Poppy Factory.
- Availability and accessibility to Richmond, Surrey.
- Some knowledge of the Armed Forces or an understanding of the military world.
We hope you are inspired to join us in our important and exciting work to create a world in which every workplace values disabled veterans. Please click here to download the role description. Application is by letter and CV. Please include your full contact details including daytime and evening telephone numbers. Please apply by e-mail to ElisabethV@poppyfactory.org or by post to: The Chairman The Poppy Factory 20 Petersham Road RICHMOND Surrey TW10 6UR Closing date for applications is 30th June 2017.
Become a Poppy Factory Tour Guide!
And help people to learn about The Poppy Factory’s unique history and its life-changing work with disabled veterans.
– Interested in part-time, flexible opportunities working for a local charity?
– Are you a good communicator?
– Want to give something back to the Richmond community?
We require a new Tour Guide to join our friendly team of Tour Guides and Volunteer Tour Assistants for 2-hour tours of our historic factory in Richmond.
We are flexible and can usually offer you around 5-8 tours each month throughout the year. Tours run twice-daily from Monday – Thursday at 10:30am and 1:30pm/2:00pm and consist of a 40-minute presentation and a 30-minute guided walking tour of our production area, followed by a brief spell in the gift shop on the till. Visitor groups tend to come from all around.
Come and join one of our free daily tours to see what it involves!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.poppyfactory.org/vacancies or call 020 8940 3305 for more details. Deadline for applications is 5:00pm 24th July.
The Poppy Factory is a growing charity with a 90-year history in Richmond, having opened its factory here to employ wounded soldiers returning from WWI to make The Royal British Legion’s annual remembrance products. Nowadays, The Poppy Factory works across England and Wales to improve the employment prospects of hundreds of wounded, injured and sick ex-Service men and women, supporting these veterans into sustainable careers.