Whether you would like to join The Poppy Factory as a paid member of staff or as a volunteer in your free time, you will become part of a friendly team of people who are passionate about veterans’ well-being. Below are details of the current vacancies we have at The Poppy Factory. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Do you enjoy communicating with people from all walks of life?
Are you looking to gain valuable hands-on experience within a national charity?
Join ‘Team Poppy Factory’ and help us to make a real difference to the lives of Wounded, Injured and Sick (WIS) Veterans across the UK!
Why we need your help
As well as seeing an increase of 85% in registrations for our employability service between 2015 and 2016, last year The Poppy Factory welcomed just over 9,000 visitors on site to experience our very popular Factory Tours. With an increasing awareness of our employability work and tour offering, we are looking for a team of volunteers to provide additional support to our front of house staff so we are better able to deal with new enquiries and provide a warm welcome to guests visiting our various departments.
About the volunteer role
As a Volunteer Receptionist, you will support the day to day running of the front of house area, dealing with face to face, telephone and email communication with visitors, staff, volunteers and the wider public. You will also provide additional administrative support to staff in our front office.
What is the time commitment?
- We are looking for volunteers for reception cover for a few hours over the middle of the day on Fridays.
- An initial meeting face to face to discuss your motivations, skills and experience will take place as part of the recruitment process.
- We request that volunteers commit to The Poppy Factory for at least a 3 month period.
Where is the role based?
The Poppy Factory, 20 Petersham Road, Richmond, TW10 6UR
What we offer
- A named supervisor plus ongoing support from HR
- An induction to The Poppy Factory and your volunteer role
- Reasonable out of pocket expenses
- Access to relevant in-house training and development opportunities
- Opportunity to be a part of a national charity including invitations to Volunteer events, other social & information events and access to regular organisational updates.
How to apply
To apply for this role please prepare your CV and a brief covering letter outlining any skills or experience that might be relevant.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The Poppy Factory is committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion. Our commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and we actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role. Please indicate in your application whether you wish to be considered under this scheme. We are also happy to discuss reasonable adjustments to the application or interview process to accommodate disabled candidates.
We are a family friendly employer.
Meet the team Our dedicated team of staff, volunteers and trustees, help support about 300 veterans into work every year.
Who we are We are the country’s leading employment charity for veterans with health conditions. Supporting veterans into jobs is our passion.
News Stay up to date with the latest Poppy Factory news here, or sign up to our monthly eNewsletter, Poppy People.