Below are details of the current vacancies at The Poppy Factory:
Volunteer Tour Assistants
What is the role?
Our Volunteer Tour Assistant’s support our Tour Guides during our busy Factory tours which are open to the general public. Visitor groups come from all walks of life- from adult social groups, to school groups and visitors with varying levels of disability. Our tours are very important as they help us to raise awareness about the unique history of The Poppy Factory as well as our life- changing work with disabled veterans.
Tours run twice daily from Monday- Thursday at 10:30am and 1:15/ 2:00pm and consist of a 40 minute presentation and a 30 minute guided walking tour of our production area, followed by a brief spell in the gift shop on the till. We have also recently started running tours on Friday mornings.
Main activities and tasks include:
- Welcoming visitor groups alongside TPF Tour Guides (35 max)
- Providing refreshments
- Answering visitor questions or directing questions to the Tour Guide
- Helping in the shop including using the till and wrapping items for sale.
What is the time commitment?
- An initial meeting face to face to discuss your motivations, skills and experience will take place as part of the recruitment process
- Volunteers will need to be available to shadow our current Tour Assistants during tours from July onwards (joining tours that suit the volunteers availability) with the view to start volunteering independently alongside our Tour Guides from August onwards.
- We ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of 2-3 tours per month.
Where will I be based?
This role is based at The Poppy Factory, 20 Petersham Road, Richmond, TW10 6UR
To have an informal discussion about the role, please contact Alice Barrett, Volunteers Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org / 0208 940 3305