Supporting veterans with health conditions into work
Our employment support includes:
- Advice on job opportunities to match each veteran’s own skills and goals.
- Support with CVs, job application forms and preparing for interviews.
- Support with training and qualifications when they are needed.
- Regular contact with veterans after moving into employment.
- Working with veterans and their employers to overcome barriers and find solutions.
- Regular joint working with partner organisations to ensure veterans have consistent support.
Criteria for support
- Have you served for one day or more in the Armed Forces or Reserves?
- Do you consider yourself to have a mental or physical health condition? This does not need to be linked to your time in service.
- Are you unemployed and thinking about moving back into work? We may also be able to help if you are being made redundant, are absent through long-term sickness, or your role negatively impacts your health.
Alternatively, you can call us on 020 8939 1837 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
We work with amazing individuals who have served in the Armed Forces. See their stories below.
"I met Jane from The Poppy Factory. Jane started giving me employment support, helping me build up my CV and making it clear what skills I have. She was really helpful, always taking the time to listen carefully and understand."
Our employment support has helped secure more than 250 jobs for veterans with mental and physical health conditions since the first UK lockdown.
See the impact of our work during the Covid-19 pandemic in our new video.
“I’m just really grateful to have been given this opportunity, and I’m looking forward to what the future has in store. With ongoing employment support from The Poppy Factory, I know I’ll get there.”
Finding the right employment for veterans with health conditions
Our employment consultants are based regionally throughout England and Wales, with connections to local employment opportunities.