The Data Protection Act 1998 provides the legal framework that defines how personal information can be used. The Poppy Factory is fully committed to compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you.
– Your personal information is only used with your knowledge
– Only information that we actually need is collected
– Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs
– We will not pass your personal information on to any other organisation without your agreement unless required to do so by law
– Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required
– We will, where necessary, keep your information up to date
– Your information will be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure
– We will provide you with a copy of your personal information on request
– Inaccurate or misleading data will be corrected as soon as possible
– These principles apply whether we hold your information on paper or in electronic form.