Join us for Operation Picnic and change 100 Lives
Round up your troops, anytime, anywhere and simply ask them to make a donation to attend your picnic. Yes, it’s that easy to make a difference.
There are no rules… picnics can come in all shapes and sizes, outdoors, online, in your office or the classroom.
All we ask is that you make a gift to The Poppy Factory’s 100 Lives campaign, either individually or as a group.
Have fun with your picnics and be proud to support wounded, injured and sick veterans on their journey back to employment.
Picnic activity ideas
For the grown-ups:
- Have a go at The Poppy Factory – Who’s Who game. Print out a sheet for each picnic goer and the first person to find out answers and put a name in each square wins a prize.
- Taste Test – Can your guests guess the ingredients of some of your tasty picnic treats?
- Why not hold a raffle or prize draw to generate more donations for our veterans
- For all you digital picnickers- Why not join together in watching our powerful new film featuring David, Holly, Fraser and Steve – four veterans whose lives have been transformed with our support. You’ll see how your donations will help change 100 more lives.
For the kids:
- Fancy Dress– Ask your little ones to dress up in outfits that represent the jobs they want to do when they grow up
- Sports Day Jobs Triathlon – wheel barrow race (gardener), egg and spoon race (chef), water bucket run (fireman)
- Picnic Picture Competition – be creative and draw, paint or collage pictures of dream jobs. Why not share the pictures on our social media, we’d love to see them!
- They could even create their own bunting to decorate the picnic