Have fun hosting a picnic this summer and help change a veteran’s life
Join us for #OperationPicnic
Round up your troops, anytime, anywhere and simply ask them to make a donation to attend your picnic. Yes, it’s that easy to make a difference.
There are no rules. Picnics can come in all shapes and sizes – outdoors, in your office, the classroom or even on the move.
Check out our top tips, materials and activity ideas below to help to hit your fundraising goal!
Your donations mean the world to the veterans we support
It’s thanks to people like you that veterans Vicki and Dale have been able to move into fulfilling jobs that have helped turn their lives around and made it possible for them to support themselves and their families.
Not only this, their new jobs have led to a renewed sense of self-worth, and made it easier to cope with a mental or physical health condition.
Top tips for maximising donations at your picnic
*Ask your troops to make a donation to attend your picnic. You could have a pot for cash donations at you picnic, or share our donate online link so people can donate by card while they munch their lunch. *Plan your #OperationPicnic at a time and place that works for you and your troops. Use our picnic poster or invitation template to spread the word and maximise attendance. *Tell your picnic troops why The Poppy Factory needs your support. Why not share our video of Vicki and Dale’s stories before or during the event – people will see how their donations will help change a veteran’s life. *Download our picnic games, or make some up yourself, and increase funds by asking for extra donations to take part. *After your picnic, count up your donations and make the payment online or send a cheque to The Poppy Factory, 20 Petersham Road, Surrey, TW10 6UR. *Encourage others to make a difference and hold their own picnics by sharing any photos on social media and tagging The Poppy Factory using our #OperationPicnic hashtag.
Download your materials
For the grown-ups:
• Have a go at The Poppy Factory – Who’s Who game. Print out a sheet for each picnic goer and the first person to find out answers and put a name in each square wins a prize.
• Try out our #OperationPicnic Quiz! Download the quiz and download the quiz with answers.
• Taste Test – Can your guests guess the ingredients of some of your tasty picnic treats?
• Why not hold a raffle or prize draw to generate more donations for our veterans
• Jobs charades, a great team challenge!
For the kids:
• Incorporate your picnic with a school non-uniform day
• Dressing up – Ask your class to dress up in outfits that show the jobs they want to do when they grow up
• Sports Day Jobs Triathlon – wheel barrow race (gardener), egg and spoon race (chef), water bucket run (fireman)
• Picnic Picture Competition – get creative and get your class to draw, paint or collage pictures of their dream jobs. Why not share the pictures on our social media, we’d love to see them!
Picnic’s come in all shapes and sizes so why not have a go at some of these delicious picnic recipes… but remember, a simple spread of sandwiches (made or paid for) will also do the trick!
‘In aid of’ fundraising T&Cs
Our life-changing employability service relies 100% on donations from supporters like you. Your support makes a huge difference, but in order to let you fundraise in aid of us, The Poppy Factory, we need you to read and agree to the terms and conditions below. You agree:
To only use lawful means to fundraise and not do anything that is likely to harm the charity’s reputation.
To conduct your picnic in a way that is open and honest and not in a way that could be seen as overly intrusive.
To be responsible for organising insurance where necessary and to accept that The Poppy Factory does not hold any responsibility for your picnic and will not be held liable in any way.
To pay The Poppy Factory all monies raised within 4 weeks of your picnic.