Team volunteering at The Poppy Factory
Connect with colleagues, have fun and make a lasting impact.
The Poppy Factory has helped veterans with health conditions back into work since 1922, producing Remembrance products in our factory in Richmond-upon-Thames.
For more than a decade we have been helping hundreds of veterans to find work and thrive in civilian employment, wherever they are based in England and Wales. Today, this employment support represents more than 95% of our veteran work and impact.
Specialist support and meaningful employment can be truly life-changing, providing stability, a steady income, and significantly improving health and wellbeing.
Take a look at Gary’s story to see how your contributions can help to transform veterans’ lives.
Why volunteer with us? Company and employee benefits.
- Boost wellbeing with our wreath-making masterclass- a traditionally therapeutic activity for wounded veterans.
- Promote inclusion in the workplace volunteering at the heart of our diverse factory team. Take the opportunity to connect employees and raise awareness of your own company's diversity and inclusion initiatives and policies.
- Demonstrate company commitments to the Armed Forces Covenant and achieve success with the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
- Support your CSR objectives utilising volunteer matched-giving/ team budgets to donate vital funds that will help veterans with health conditions to secure work and rebuild their lives.
- Be inspired by the stories of veterans who have overcome the toughest challenges and learn about the origins of the poppy and Remembrance with special access to our centenary exhibition.
"It was an amazing experience. I loved the energy and the fun that was added to the day."