Team building and volunteering
Since 1922, veterans with health conditions have been employed on site at The Poppy Factory to make Remembrance products for the Royal British Legion’s Annual Poppy Appeal. This work continues today and we are still incredibly proud of our veterans’ contribution to Remembrance.
Round up your troops for a team building day at our Factory in Richmond-upon-Thames and help create positive futures for veterans with health conditions across England and Wales.
Why choose The Poppy Factory for your team away day?
- Have fun getting to know your colleagues whilst using your corporate volunteering hours for a worthwhile cause.
- Increase staff morale and retention rate with an inspiring, interactive (and indoor!) team building opportunity.
- A unique opportunity to demonstrate your CSR commitments or Armed Forces Covenant pledge.
- Promote inclusion in the workplace by joining our friendly and diverse workforce for the day- our days are especially popular with company employee resource groups or veteran networks!
What to expect on the day
- Tour of the factory, often co-hosted by a veteran, providing an opportunity for you to hear about their personal experiences during and after their career in the Armed Forces.
- Poppy Making Competition. You’ll be supporting the veterans in our Production Team in meeting the Poppy Appeal order by making as many poppies as you can in your allotted time.
- You’ll also be helping our team with the assembly of other products for the Poppy Appeal order, such as alternative poppy designs & symbols.
- Announcement of the poppy making champion!
"It was an amazing experience. I loved the energy and the fun that was added to the day."
"It really was a fantastic day- such a rewarding experience, I can’t wait to come back."
Whilst getting together is a little trickier at the moment, we can still help your national teams to connect and make a difference with our virtual poppy making challenge a unique team building opportunity offering the best bits of our popular in-person Factory Days!
If you would like more information please contact Alice, our Partnerships Manager at email@example.com